The Newcomer Champion Awards acknowledge the work that is happening locally in St. Thomas and Elgin County to build welcoming, caring, and inclusive communities.
These recipients were nominated by members of the St. Thomas-Elgin community for their many contributions to making St. Thomas-Elgin a welcoming, caring, and inclusive community!
Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion
The Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion award recognizes a commitment to go above and beyond and support newcomers by:
- Working with the community to address the needs of newcomers by recognizing and responding to the diverse local needs
- Developing an understanding of our local cultural diversity
- Working to strengthen the community by working with others to build positive changes
- Volunteering to support diversity and newcomers and are advocating for social and civic inclusion
- Delivering services that provide the groundwork for newcomers to be socially and economically connected to their communities
Newcomer Leader Award
This award acknowledges a newcomer who is helping to build a Welcoming, Caring, and Inclusive community by giving back to the community in some capacity. This winner is:
- Committed to making a difference by creating welcoming communities
- Giving back to the community in a positive and progressive way
- Working with the community to strengthen and build positive changes