The St. Thomas Elgin Local Immigration Partnership was established in February 2011 and is funded by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. This initiative is led by a steering committee that strives to build Welcoming, Caring, and Inclusive communities through a variety of collaborative capacity building initiatives. In 2016 the STELIP Council held strategic planning sessions to develop action items and reconnect the work to the members to the work of STELIP.
• Improve the Coordination of Information between Services
• Increase Awareness and Access to Appropriate Employment, Entrepreneurship and Labour Market Supports
• Promote and Enhance Settlement and Integration of Newcomers
• Increase Access to English Language Learning and Literacy
• Promote Public Awareness of Diversity and Inclusion
• Access and Analyze Data to Inform Priorities and Activities
In the coming year we will continue to help build Welcoming, Caring, and Inclusive communities by supporting ongoing initiatives and establishing exciting collaborations that support newcomers.